This post covers a letter of complaint about poor service.
Effective letters of complaint about poor service describe the problem and how you want the service provider to resolve it
I can never imagine your reaction to the poor service you’re received from the restaurant, store, or anywhere.
I know you may blame, shout, or even bump a service provider with many f* words.
But what if I tell you there is a better way to handle the situation?
Let me tell you this, the best way to express a complaint about poor service is by writing a formal letter which in this post we refer to it as a letter of complaint about poor service.
I understand how difficult it can be to write a letter of complaint about poor service, especially if you’ve never done it before.
The most important thing to remember when writing your formal complaint letter is to be direct and tasteful.
Your complaint is unlikely to be considered seriously if you simply scream and shout nonsensically.
Here, with the aid of the examples, samples, and templates I will take you through
- What is a letter of complaint about poor service?
- how to write an effective, strongly worded, letter of complaint about poor service.
- Format of letter of complaint about poor service
- Letter of complaint about poor service template
- Sample letter of complaint about poor service
Let’s get started
Jump to section
What is a letter of complaint about poor service?
A letter of complaint about poor service is a brief statement of facts written by a customer to a service provider to express his dissatisfaction and disappointment concerning the quality of the service provided.
You may use this letter to express your concerns and seek a positive resolution regarding any offense, wrongdoing, grievance, unfair treatment, or resentment arising from services.
Some of the most common poor services that not only you but also anyone can complain about include defective or incomplete orders, unusual delays, no feedback, poor communication, poor product quality, and so on.
How to write a letter of complaint about poor service
A complaint letter about poor service is written in business letter format. Begin your letter with your address and contact information, followed by a date and the service provider’s address, salute the recipient, and begin by indicating that you are writing to complain about his service, then provide the details of the service and explain your dissatisfaction. Allow for additional discussion and request the service provider’s commitment to resolving the situation. Sign off with “Sincerely,” followed by your signature and name.
Remember that the main purpose of your complaint letter is to convey your dissatisfaction with a service provider.
So, in order to write an effective complaint letter about poor service, do the following;
- Include your name and contact information
- Include the date of the letter
- Include the name and address of the service provider
- Write down exactly what you are complaining about.
- Make sure to include all pertinent information about your complaint including the place, time, and date of the service, the exact name of the person who provided the service, etc.
- Include any necessary supporting evidence, such as your account of what happened, verbal exchanges, and, if applicable, documents and records.
- Explain what you hope to archive-a refund, repair, exchange, or store credit, etc.
- Ask about the service provider’s commitment to resolving the situation and Say how long you’ll wait for a response.
- Indicate your intentions to take further actions in case the service provider disregards your complaints, for example, report it to the federal trade commission, Better Business Bureau, or your state attorney general or consumer protection office or sue for damages (this should be your last resort).
- Be simple and straightforward
- Maintain a professional tone
- Be honest
- Avoid writing an angry, sarcastic, or threatening letter. (the person reading it most likely did not cause the problem, but they may be very helpful in resolving it.)
other useful tips
- Deliver your letter properly- mail, fax, email, hand delivery
- Keep a copy for yourself
Format of letter of complaint about poor service
Your letter of complaint about poor service should be formatted as follows:
- Your Address
- service provider address
- Subject line
- [opening paragraph]- A statement that you are writing to complain about service.
- [body paragraphs]- The details of your complaint and what you hope to archive.
- [closing paragraphs] – what do you want the service provider to do, and your intentions to take further actions? Provide an avenue for further discussion.
- name and signature
Letter of complaint about poor service template
City, State, Zip Code
[Recipient’s Street Address]
[Recipient’s City, State, and Zip Code]
Re: [subject Normally bold, summarizes the letter’s purpose] -Optional
Dear [recipient last name]/ [recipient title]
I am writing to complain about the poor service I received from your [name of institution] at [place] on [date] at [time].
What triggers my complaint is [state the problem like the service wasn’t performed correctly, unreasonable delays, poor communication, etc]
I am particularly irritated because [the impact of the poor service]
To resolve the problem, I would appreciate a [state the action you want, like a refund, store credit, repair, exchange, etc.]
In addition, I have included in this letter some documents and recordings that will support my claim.
I hope this is not how [service provider’s name] wishes to conduct business with valued customers.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss matters further and learn how you intend to resolve my problem and avoid a similar situation in the future.
I eagerly await your response.
Note that I will wait until [set a reasonable time limit] before contacting a consumer protection agency or seeking other assistance.
You can reach me anytime at [email] or [phone]
Sample letter of complaint about poor service
101 Drive road
Downtown, TX 19199
01 January 20.
Customer service Manager
202, Accommodation Street
Downtown, TX 19120
I am writing to complain about the poor service I received from your Hotel at 202, Accommodation Street Downtown, TX 19120 on 30 December 20… at noon.
I am complaining about your service because your attendants were very unfriendly and late to deliver my orders plus orders delivered was always incomplete.
The worst-case scenario is when your bartender named Angel served me an expired drink; when I first learned of this problem, I contacted her, and she harshly told me that there was nothing she could do about it. That day, for the first time in my life, I saw the ‘Angel’ transform into the devil.
I hope ABC Hotels does not intend to conduct business with their esteemed customers in this manner. To solve the problem, I would appreciate it if you could redact all expired items in your store and ensure that your hotel only sells valid items.
Furthermore, I do not want to see attendants like Angel roaming your premises any longer.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the situation further and learn how you intend to resolve my issue and avoid a similar situation in the future.
Please keep in mind that I will hardly wait 7 days before contacting a consumer protection agency or seeking other assistance.
You can reach me anytime through my email or phone provided above.