Today I will share the best free online law courses with you to take any time, anywhere.
These courses are must take for the lawyers who seek specialization and expertise in a particular area of law to sharpen their knowledge Moreover, winning the competition.
On the other hand, law students who wish to excel in the legal realm by doing one step further should check the list Furthermore, consider taking the course which aligns with your vision.
The best part?
- These courses are 100% online.
- These courses are free to enroll. You only pay after the expiry of a 7-day free trial. Financial aid is available to those who will fail to pay for the courses.
- offered by the Top universities in the world with the top instructor
- at the end of the course you will have your valid and recognizable certificate for your personal and professional use.
- Available in different languages.
Let’s dive right in
- Creative Problem Solving
- Healthcare Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Copyright law in the Music Business
- Legal tech and the digital transformation of the law
- A law student’s toolkit
- AI & law
- Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Resolution
Creative Problem Solving
Lawyers always deal with problems. This course focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems.
The major advantage of taking the Creative Problem Solving Course
- You will learn how to overcome your limitations and enhance your creativity it is more practical than theory.
- You will be challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and expected behavior patterns.
- It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and increase your ability to deal with any problem.
- The University of Minnesota offers this course. It contains 25 video lectures, 6 reading materials, 8 quizzes.
- It will take approx. 14 hours to complete the course to be eligible for certification.
This is a specialization course offered by The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn) to enable you to navigate the complex legal framework that governs modern health systems.
The major advantages of taking Healthcare Law course
- You will learn the complex legal framework that governs modern health systems.
- You will learn the legal implications in the relationship between healthcare providers and patients-Privacy Law.
- You will learn the application of Intellectual property law to pharmaceutical products, medical researchers, etc.
- You will learn ethical issues in health, including DNA testing.
- You will see how American health system law differs from other jurisdictions.
- It is a 4 in 1 course-Privacy law, IP, Health Law, and Health systems. It takes approx. 4 Months to complete the course to be eligible for certification.
Intellectual Property Law
This is 4 in 1 course offered by The University of Pennsylvania for Intellectual Property law specialization. Take this If you want to become the best lawyer in this commercial world.
The sub-course includes;
The significant advantages of taking the Intellectual Property Law course
- You will learn all primary forms of IP, i.e., patents, copyrights, and trademarks, and their application in our life.
- You will learn how to develop a trademark strategy for a company.
- You will learn how to analyze patent documents.
Copyright law in the Music Business
Music is now a business huge business. Most conflicts in the music business are related to copyright strikes. Take this course to become the best copyright law in Music Business.
The major advantages of taking Copyright law in the Music Business Course
- You will learn what is covered by the copyright and what is not covered as far as music business and copyright law are concerned.
- You will learn the right of artists as the creator
- You will know how the public should use the artist’s works and what to do in case of infringement.
- You also learn what to do in case an artist is alleged to copy someone else music.
- You will also learn the art of Copyright litigation + case study
- Finally, the course will discuss how technology has changed copyright for the better (and worse) and how copyright laws may change in the coming years.
Berklee offers this course. College of Music. It contains 26 video lectures, 13 reading materials, 9 quizzes. It will take approx. 10 hours to complete the course to be eligible for certification.
Legal tech and the digital transformation of the law
Currently, many areas of the legal industry have been affected by the digital revolution.
This course is aimed at law students, lawyers, notaries, officials, executives, entrepreneurs, and anyone who wants to know the main technological and business trends impacting the legal world.
This course is a more significant opportunity to become a digital lawyer.
The major advantages of taking Legal tech and the digital transformation of the law course
- This course will give you an in-depth overview of how technological trends affect the legal industry
- You will learn the role of an Artifiala intelligence in the automation of a lawyer’s duties
- You will learn about blockchain technology and its impact on the way we sign and execute contracts
- You will learn the Initiative to ensure access to justice through virtual courts and robots judges
Universidad Austral offers this course. It contains 14 video lectures, 60 reading materials, 5 quizzes. It will take approx. 15 hours to complete the course to be eligible for certification.
A law student’s toolkit
This is the best introduction to law course online. Yale University offers this course to all law students to give them a head start building their foundation to become the best lawyer.
The significant advantages of taking A law student’s toolkit course
- This course will introduce you to terminology, concepts, and tools lawyers and legal academics use to make their arguments.
- 33% of law students started a new career after taking this course
- It contains 34 video lectures, 31 reading materials, eight quizzes. It will take approx. Sixteen hours to complete the course to be eligible for certification.
AI & law
This is a four-week course offered by Lund University, which teaches how Artificial Intelligence (AI) affects the legal industry both in the public and private sectors.
The major advantages of taking the AI & law course
- You will learn the connection be between AI and Law in the context of legal responsibility, law-making, law-enforcing, criminal law, the medical sector, and intellectual property law.
- You will learn the importance of artificial intelligence for selected legal fields, including labor law, competition law, and health law.
- This course contains 24 video lectures, 15 reading materials, five quizzes. It will take approx. Eight hours to complete the course to be eligible for certification.
Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Resolution
In the business world, ADR is now the favorable method of solving disputes. If you want to master ADR in the business realm then this course is must take.
The major advantage of taking the Negotiation, Mediation, and Conflict Resolution course
- This course will enable you to become a Successful Negotiator & Conflict Manager.
- This course contains practical case studies which will help you will master strategies, acquire tools, and get professionals’ golden rules for negotiations & mediation.
- 71% start a new career after completing this specialization.
- 22% got a pay increase or promotion
This course is offered by ESSEC Business School.
This post will be updated regularly to include all the best free law courses online; please bookmark it or come here frequently to stay updated.
See also:9 Must-read books for law students and young lawyers